Wednesday, January 9, 2013

#7 Create Running Blog


No pun intended, this year has gotten off at a fast pace. It astounds me to realize that I only got back to the day-job office a week ago. It's been such a packed week that it feels like at least a month since Darby, the girls and I went over to a friend's house for a chillaxed New Years Day.

That day everyone piled into the living room and curled up in blankets to watch a movie while I popped popcorn over the stove. I missed the first part of ParaNorman while I was in the kitchen, and once I was done it seemed strange to pop in mid-story. In other words, it played out perfectly. Every year since high school I've taken some time on the first of the year to write in my journal. I listened to the laughing in the other room as I brought my own bowl of popcorn (doused with hot sauce) into the quiet dining room. I opened up my new Moleskin journal. Of course I skipped the first 3 pages - I could feel a list coming on.

Without missing a downbeat, by the end of the next day I'd already completed a few of the items. Since last January, running and writing have become major parts of my life. I'm in between writing classes at the moment -- the next one starts on Jan 23 -- and although there are some essays that I want to revise, in the downtime I've been fishing for some...  je ne sais quoi. My running schedule also lagged a little during the holidays, and since they both seem to feed into each other, I decided to create a running blog for inspiration, and later, a place to look back and review my progress.

#7 Create Running Blog

Done.

The main reason for the blog is that running is complicated. Or, rather, not complicated, but for me it's definitely multi-faceted. It's healed me in some ways, and it's shined a light into some corners of my spirit that I hadn't realized were there. I figured it might be interesting to both track my runs and to have a specified place in which to write about my thoughts on / while running.

So here it is - The Written Run -  http://thewrittenrun.blogspot.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment